Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Dathran turns in his sleep, the foul venom streaming through his veins, cursing his dreams and senses. Nightmares of death, long and cold hold control of the ill man’s heart and mind. Only once in a few days thanks to treatment by the light’s wielders, he may think freely, have dreams of his own, while unconscious by dark poison. He plots, he thinks he prepares. For when, if, he recovers. Dathran schemes, thinks, mumbles..

“Blood has often been shed and in all ages before Lordaeron’s laws make things more gentle. And even then battles too terrible for the human ear have occurred. There was a time that when a man's brains had been bashed in he would die and that was the end of it. But now they rise again with twenty fatal wounds of their heads and push us off our land. This is even stranger than such a violent battle ever could be.
I am determined to stop them all, no matter how I do it. I'm going to make that the priority. I have waded so far in blood that even if I were to go no further it would be more difficult to turn back than go on with it. My head is full of plans that I must put into action before I can think about them. Alas, during illness and pain my plans shall not be told nor acted out. It shall lie in the hands of many men and women at the bed of death or miracle that I am to be cured and am to explain my plans.
Through visions light guided many a plan has sprung from the mind that is I, the Order that has lived through and lives literally in blood must reform it’s plans and ways and return to the discipline that has always had mankind in it’s grip. When, If, I recover, my plans shall unfold. The Reformation shall begin, the Reformation of all that is us, of all that is Lordaeron.”


2. Explanation name and guild changes.

To begin with I’d like to emphasize the above post is the first part of a Propaganda book by Dathran about the ‘fact’ that he is blessed by the Light. Do understand he doesn’t speak like the above, at all. He is however ill now, injected by the Apothecarium and he is yet to be cured.
Now, a few days ago our guild name was changed from “The Scarlet Enclave” to “Guild of Dathran”. Some quite irritating person decided it was funny to report us, twisted the naming laws, and got us a forced name change. Our guild was surprised, angry. Many members thought I would be disbanding the guild because of this.
After wondering myself how this should continue, I and my leaders came to the following conclusion:
A. The Scarlet Enclave was a lousy name.
B. This way we can re-do our hierarchy and reform the guild’s way of existing, deleting existing lore confusions (IE. Grand Crusader)
We have decided to pick a new name for the guild for these reasons, knowing however that our former guild name stuck on, was known. We also have to update our recruitment threads, websites and everything we ever wrote, which will happen in due time.
We have picked the name: “The Scarlet Sigil”. The Sigil being of course our well-known lordaeron icon: The Scarlet “L”. The guild will receive a new ranking system that will be posted on our own website later today. This also means that many existing officers might be demoted. Not out of disrespect, but out of respect for our newer members. We’re going to revise most ranks to simply make sure an excellent team will sit at the command of our order. Simply to continue to deliver the heavy roleplay that pleases our own members and hopefully also those cooperating with us.
I would also like to say that I am most likely dropping the Lordaeron Conflict event in an indirect way. In the coming meetings we’ll assign tasks to each order. Each order is then supposed to go it’s own way, ask for help when required but in general: Aid Lordaeron individually, with exceptions.
This way we can return to the proper lore context of slightly isolated Scarlets, simply exploiting help if offered, it also allows me to focus on my guild instead of the rest of the community. It simply is not my role as a Scarlet.
A small foresight on the ranking system: Grand Crusader will become Highlord.
I understand Mograine was the Highlord and that this may lead to other lore infringements in some people’s idea. But you must imagine Dathran has a slight grandeur and that the mix up with Grand Crusader Dathrohan was simply too large. It’s also more fitting in our High-Command structure.


To finish this topic properly, I would like to thank you all for giving us the chance we’ve gotten in this community. There are rotten apples out there, but we simply have shown that even bad things can be used for the better. I’d like to be the first to thank the one who reported us. I’d also like to emphasize we’re kicking said person’ arse by simply coming back stronger then ever before. I would also like to thank all of the people who showed their compassion with us, dug into rules for us. But let’s just say, this might actually be a good thing that happened.

We are Scarlets Reborn.

No comments: